Be Featured in The Spirit!
The Cheyney University National Alumni Association Public Relations Committee is looking for alumni movers and shakers to feature in the commemorative book for the 180th Anniversary Celebration of Cheyney University of Pennsylvania.
This is an excellent opportunity for Cheyney University alumni, be they seasoned professionals or young alumni on the rise, to be recognized for the work they are doing. We encourage you to submit your story for consideration before the upcoming deadline so that we can highlight and share your achievements with the rest of the Cheyney Family.
Please submit all information about Alumni Chapter events, scholarship initiatives, and individual achievements via email to email@example.com.
This edition will be mailed to CUNAA members, posted online, and featured on the CUNAA website. All event submissions that meet the submission guidelines will be posted on the CUNAA Facebook Page and featured in the Upcoming Events section of the newsletter.
- Fall 2017 Issue: Friday, October 6, 2017
Alumni Story/Alumni News Submission Guidelines
- Include a short, 300-word summary/story explaining your Alumni News or event
- Include links to websites only if they are relevant to the story or event
- Include contact information for follow-up
- Clearly identify the year you graduated from Cheyney (Class of…) and your degree if relevant
- Include 2-3 photos as email attachments in JPEG form
- Photo Advisory: Please do not insert images into Word documents or embed them within emails, but attach them to the email. Large, hi-resolution photos are best for print and online viewing. Please do not send images that have been distorted, cropped, or filtered via Facebook, Instagram, PhotoGrid, etc.
Advertise Your Chapter or Business in the Commemorative Book
Cheyney University alumni, alumni chapters, and community supporters are invited to purchase advertising space in CUNAA’s 180th Commemorative Book. At this time, the deadline for advertisement submissions is Friday, October 6, 2017.
- Quarter Page Ad (3.75″ W x 5″ H) – $75.00
- Half Page Ad (8.5″ W x 5″ H) – $100.00
- Full Page Ad (8.5″ W x 11″ H) – $180.00
- Inside Front Cover Ad – Full Color (8.5″ W x 11″ H) – $360.00 *SOLD*
- Inside Back Cover Ad – Full Color (8.5″ W x 11″ H) – $360.00 *SOLD*
- Back Cover Ad – Full Color (8.5″ W x 11″ H) – $360.00 *SOLD*
Advertisements should be submitted as high resolution, full color Adobe PDF files by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you in 2-4 business days. We will not be able to design ads.
How to Pay For Advertisements
You can mail your payment to:
Cheyney University National Alumni Association
ATTN: Public Relations Committee
PO Box 288
Westtown, PA 19395-0288
Please make all checks payable to “Cheyney University National Alumni Association.”
DISCLAIMER: The PR Committee reserves the right not to use content that is inappropriate to our audience and does not meet the submission guidelines. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Join the CUNAA PR Committee!
If you are interested in applying for any of the following positions on the Public Relations Committee, please email email@example.com with your statement of interest and areas of expertise.
2017 Public Relations Committee Members
- Yasheaka Oakley Owens, M.A. ’11, Chair – National
- Gaynelle Turner-Lewis ’73 – IT Committee
- Gregory Benjamin ’81
- Nathaniel Johnson – North Carolina
- Maala Hardy – Delaware State
- Antoinette Turner – Delaware County
- Patricia Walker – Chester City
- Mialee Anderson – Greater Chester
- Linda Nelson – Washington DC Metro
- Sonjia Stanton – Greater South Jersey
- Bernadette Johnson – Metro Atlanta
- Barbara Turner – Montgomery County
- Stephanie Bennett-Bey – Philadelphia
Social Media Coordinator (Social Media Outreach)
Responsible for managing the CUNAA Facebook Fan Page and Twitter accounts, this position requires a basic understanding of how to use both social networks as well as the ability to create Facebook events and messages in support of CUNAA Chapters and the Executive Board. This individual will be expected to work independently as they research relevant/interesting content and use BufferApp to schedule messages, photos, Cheyney News articles, and responding to comments/complaints via Facebook or Twitter. This position requires about five hours a week.
Advertising Manager (CUNAA Newsletter)
Responsible for engaging Cheyney University alumni and supporters and encouraging them to purchase advertising space in each edition of The Spirit. This individual will be expected to work independently in this sales-type position to obtain at least 8 business card-sized advertising slots before February 28 and August 1. The Advertising Manager will work with the CUNAA Financial Secretary to ensure that all advertisements are paid in full before each newsletter deadline and provide a monthly report to the CUNAA PR Committee Chair regarding progress.
News Editor (CUNAA Newsletter)
Responsible for the Alumni News section of the CUNAA Newsletter, this position requires a basic understanding of copy editing, a strong understanding of English spelling and grammar rules, and the willingness to reach out to one’s Cheyney network and obtain new stories for each newsletter edition. The News Editor will work with the CUNAA PR Committee Chair to ensure that each submission meets the Submission Guidelines and will assign story concepts to other members of the CUNAA PR Committee to research and write, as needed.